Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'm a modern day girl...but that dont change THE BOOK!!!



I was sitting in Bible study Wednesday night and we are studying the dispensation and covenants. The teacher was reading out of Genesis 3:16 'unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." My preacher whom I truly love was making statements that this modern day girl was having a heard time with. He read many passages from the bible speaking of how a women should obey her husband and how he should rule over her etc. He joked about the subject but he stated the bottom line its in the bible and he tyed it in to the study. So I know that passage was in the bible so its true but this modern day girl was still thinking how can this be so, for me to be ruled and bossed about by a man. How can this be what God has planned for me?
Then on a different day for no reason at all God spoke to me.(Him speaking to me is HUGE for me and excites me cause sometime I'm unsure but this was clear) The question asked was what should you desire in a husband? The answer given was for him to LOVE the LORD more then ME...Then he revealed to me multiple things but mainly showing me that I was looking at the message that was delivered in that bible study class all wrong. See he showed me if the number one desire of your spouse is to LOVE GOD more then you then his desire will be the things of God and there for will honor you and love you and not be the RULER I was thinking of, because when GOD is put first you will be given more then enough of everything you need!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Its awesome when GOD speaks and its clean as day !!! sometimes when he speaks I just sat and cry that he will speak to me and I know ...........it's him ........sometimes he speaks and its things I would like to sit in the boat........ but know that I must obey and get out of the boat and do what he has ask !!!

    ReplyDelete