Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Quilt Party

~Quilt Party~


I want to say looking at all of the quilt party post has brought back a flood of memories for me. When I was a child growing up I lived by my Granny and her hobby and favorite thing to do was quilt.  She made quilts for all of her children and grandchildren in addition to anyone else she thought would like one. I will tell mini story's today and display a photo but this first one is the one I hold the most dear to me. My granny made it for when I was very young I can not ever remember receiving it other then the story that was told. My Granny took some of my most wore and favorite dresses and used them as part of a quilt and turned them into a keep sake that I will cherish forever.

This next quilt is a sailboat quilt made by my Granny it does not belong to me but it is still cherished to this day by my brother.
My Granny had a love for everyone so if she knew you and you was expecting a child you would be getting a special gift from her. It would be a quilt sowed with love. One day after her making a baby quilt I asked why do my babies not have one. They love you too. Now I can not remember the response other then the fact in a week or so may Granny said she had a gift for my babies and you guessed it their own quilt.

Here are some other quilts that also hold a special place in my heart. After my Granny passed away her friend stepped in to fill her role in my life. She also just happen to be some of my best friends Granny Ree.



4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection of special quilts. I think the thing that intrigues me most about quilts, is the imagination of the person who designs them. Even if it's a trusty pattern, there is still so much thought that goes into fabric and color placement. They truly are works of art. Ironically, I was just looking at a sailboat pattern online this week. I'd never seen one made up, but what a cute pattern.

    So glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hands of a grandma are just precious. Your quilts reflect that. They are lovely! I came by through the quilt party that Dayle is having...what fun.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading all about the history that goes with each quilt. I notice a dutch doll pattern there, it's beautiful, as indeed they all are.

    ReplyDelete